Tuesday, August 26, 2008

We love you Grandpa Cook!

On Thursday the 21st of August 2008, my grandpa passed away of a major heart attack after a day of driving around visiting friends around cache valley, one of his favorite activities. Kira already wrote a great blog in his honor and she found some great pictures of him. I probably will not o as well, but I really just want to show how much we will miss him.
In my entire life, I have never met a tougher, grittier man than my Grandpa Cook. He was by far the hardest worker I know, and I learned so much listening to his stories of his times in the forest service and all of the great projects that he worked on that helped to shape Cache county into what it is today. From his love of the outdoors and his time in construction and his time in the forest service, possibly no other person knew so much about the canyons and rivers and general areas around Cache Valley. However, the greatest thing I learned from him was the great love that he had for family and friends. No one could leave him without getting a sincere invitation to come back, and he was amazing with kids, even Anna who hates all men. Funny, fun, and loving, and always telling the best stories about his life... That is how I will always remember him. I will miss him very much until I see him again. He will always be loved and remembered in my home.
Holding Anna. I think nobody (girl or guy) won her over as fast as he did.


Obviously, he is telling one of his stories. His amazing experiences give great examples of how we should all try to live our lives.


He gave so much to his family, showing so much love to my Grandma and everyone else in his life.


He had an amazing memorial and funeral and is buried now in the Hyde Park cemetary with his family.



Anna playing games with my dad at the funeral. Maybe my grandpa was there helping my dad along, cause this was the best play time he has ever had with Anna.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were sure lookin' good in your suit!!! Yum

puffbird said...

This is a very nice tribute. :) I'm glad you had a camera and took pictures; ours needs batteries (the kind we can only get at a camera store, and we haven't had a chance to get there yet.)