Monday, September 1, 2008

Book Review - New Moon


So, I must say that my idea of the second book for the Twilight series was tainted going in. Despite that i enjoyed reading the first book, so little happened other than the constant swooning over the perfection of the male vampire body that I thought it would be difficult to read the same thing for much longer. Much to my dismay, the beginning of New Moon threatened to prove me right. Then, just when I could not take another blush or another description of racing hearts, Bella Swan's life changed forever, and the book got better. Things happened. I was so excited. I read, this time actually interested to see some action from the characters, something more than just the occasional fear of something happening. Although the fight scenes were still not up to par as far as what I was hoping for, the action kept my interest, and I found myself once again entertained. And I am actually looking forward to the third book, which my wife claims will provide me with the action that I am hoping for. I trust that it will not disappoint.

2 comments:

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

It's fun to get a guy's perspective on those books.

puffbird said...

Too many women I've talked to about these books were so busy swooning over Edward that they pretend the whole middle part of this book didn't happen. D: It's a shame, really, because that's where some of the most interesting character development and writing happen.